Re: [libreplanet-discuss] DRM is the straw man

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] DRM is the straw man
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 00:50:46 +0100

Nils Gillmann <niasterisk@grrlz.net> writes:

Correction / addition after a discussion I had:

this output I gave was my initial reaction.

I acknowlegde the problem of copyright and things are more
complicated than just copyright.

I could go more into detail if someone wants to, but I guess
what's really problematic is the lack of education (and
educational support) and emancipation on free culture works.
I know about free culture by now, and my plan if I ever get some
of the monumental long songs recorded will be to work that
way. But many musicians I met, sometimes they even run labels and
production on their own or with other people in collective,
copyleft or even cc0 is nothing "mainstream". it's getting
bigger, but many steps still have to be taken to get it into
peoples minds.
I would compare it with this heteronormative, whitesupremacist,
patriarchy world. people learn hetero is the norm in school, in
media, in peer groups as children and youth etc. Some discover
there are other things out there on their own, some will feel
weird all their lives long. It all comes down to education. I
know people who work professionally in education against the
heterosexual, patriarchy thing.
I think C3S and similar businesses/cooperatives have the
potential to be educational. But you have to bring information to
the people, to artists, to people who mostly get the same
copyright myth fed by spoon as everyone else.

/end loose associating.
I hope this was in some way explanatory to what I've written before.

--
ng