Re: [libreplanet-discuss] We need a Great campaign To tell the programme

From: Fabio Pesari
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] We need a Great campaign To tell the programmers to improve their programs To work well with the screen Reader
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 14:07:50 +0100

On 03/22/2016 10:29 AM, Ali Abdul Ghani wrote:

> THNX,
> its seme They dont listed accessibility as a high priority project
> I cant find it
> se
> http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/
> have fun and be free
> ali miracle

Sorry, I meant it's in the proposals for the next list:

https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/a-preliminary-analysis-of-high-priority-projects-feedback

You didn't put the mailing list in CC, so I hope you don't mind I'm
quoting your other message here.

> the Blind people use screen readers to use the computer
> the Screen reader reads texts from gui
> then send the text to Speech engine
> the Speech engine  converts text to Speech

Do blind users use the mouse? How would a blind user set up his machine
from scratch on a system like Trisquel or Parabola?

> There are things you must do and things to avoid When you write your gui
> program
> There is guidelines , but programmers do not care about it
> for gtk
> https://developer.gnome.org/accessibility-devel-guide/stable/gad-coding-guidelines.html.en
> for qt
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/accessible-qwidget.html
> for web apps
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag

Which guidelines do you prefer among those?

What kind of programs are problematic for blind users? Can you make an
example, please?