[libreplanet-discuss] To be FSF member to have a voice? Does anyone list

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] To be FSF member to have a voice? Does anyone listen?
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 17:32:33 +0300

Caleb Herbert <csh@bluehome.net> wrote:
> On 09/20/2019 08:21 AM, Adrienne G. Thompson wrote:
>> No Leah, the way to go would have been to withdraw your membership - not
>> renew it!
>
> We should become or remain members, so we have a voice.

A voice?  You were an associate member when the mobbing had been on peak,
weren’t you?  Did FSF send you an email asking for your opinion?  Or did, at
least, inform you about a decision, while it still was preliminary?

Yes, indeed, FSF, unlike some other foundations [1], makes efforts to gain
independence from transnational corporations by funding itself not from their
‘patronage’ but from dues and donations from thousands of individual supporters.

But to whose voice did they lend an ear when they had to make a vital decision:
was it its grass root members’ voice?

[1] https://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/