Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Why stay or start an FSF membership? To keep f

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Why stay or start an FSF membership? To keep funding software freedom.
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 17:47:53 -0700

While I agree *completely* with the concern, the Linux Foundation is a
501(c)(6) with a stated mandate to serve the *business* interests of
companies that use Linux. The FSF as a 501(c)(3) with a social mission
to promote software freedom *is* susceptible to take-over, but it's not
an analogous situation.