Re: [libreplanet-discuss] membership confusion, FSF way forward

From: Adrienne G. Thompson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] membership confusion, FSF way forward
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 18:54:02 -0500

   On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 6:19 PM Will Hill <[1]will.hillnotes@gmail.com>
   wrote:

     On Sunday 22 September 2019, Daniel Pocock wrote:
     >  all the 1466 volunteers, associate members and any new volunteers
     who
     > joined recently must be given equal voting rights.
     The next day, Bill Gates would have 20,000 Microsoft employees join
     as voting
     members.  For the low price of $40,000/month, Bill Gates would own
     the FSF
     and I'd vote by dropping my membership.

   They wouldn't just be Microsoft employees either. All the corporate
   empires could participate. There would be no need to take down the FSF
   President in the manner in which they've done. The era of Free Software
   (as we know it) would be over.
   Adrienne
   --
   Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!