Re: One word label for someone who rejects proprietary software

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: One word label for someone who rejects proprietary software
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 17:28:30 -0800

I use "FLO" as in Free/Libre/Open. I disagree with the argument that
"open" is a bad term in itself, but I agree that it's insufficient. But
"Open Source" and "Open" are everywhere in the world, and we *are*
talking about that category of stuff (rather than gratis stuff per se).

So, just as a suggestion: FLOer or FLOwer

That's corny in a way I kinda don't like, but just adding it to the
brainstorming.

FLOist?

Or -ist otherwise, Librist, Freeist?

I think FLOist is my favorite, it doesn't sound like anything anyone has
heard in some other context, so less likely to be confused.