Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 07:35:05 +0300

Miles,

There may be something new or unknown to you and that is how we shall
all communicate about GNU:

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html

Purpose

The GNU Project encourages contributions from anyone who wishes to advance the
development of the GNU system, regardless of gender, race, ethnic group,
physical appearance, religion, cultural background, and any other demographic
characteristics, as well as personal political views.

People are sometimes discouraged from participating in GNU development because
of certain patterns of communication that strike them as unfriendly,
unwelcoming, rejecting, or harsh. This discouragement particularly affects
members of disprivileged demographics, but it is not limited to them.
Therefore, we ask all contributors to make a conscious effort, in GNU Project
discussions, to communicate in ways that avoid that outcome—to avoid practices
that will predictably and unnecessarily risk putting some contributors off.

These guidelines suggest specific ways to accomplish that goal.

Thank you Miles,
Jean

* Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> [2020-07-24 04:32]: