Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 07:29:09 +0900

   In a way, I think money is not even a big issue.

   I recently came across this article:

   [1]https://newrepublic.com/article/121832/pleasure-do-it-yourself-slow-
   computing

   Applying the "Slow Food" analogy, our point would not be pouring money
   so that it becomes "Less Slow" 😄

   I would say, we need to have more people enjoy it.  So in practical
   terms, we need to develop a huge communal kitchen, instead of an
   industrial food factory.

   The workers at food factory, or paid computer programmers at Microsoft,
   for example, would not go there were it not for the money.

   However, the people at communal kitchens at camping sites go there for
   the enjoyment of it!

   Free Software development should a very enjoyable activity and we
   should aim to develop a practical regime of constantly welcoming new
   participants, educating them and empowering them to enjoy and
   contribute meaningfully to the Fee Software ecosystem 😄

   -Yasu

     On Jul 24, 2020, at 06:36, Msavoritias