Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 14:05:54 -0500

<libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> writes:
> GNU project needs to have clear concept of how it will generate funds
> and incentivize people(reasonably talented) to create free software
> and free hardware and it is not possible with "donations" and
> "volunteers". It needs to get money with a significant business and
> marketing force and needs to provide an alternative computer with
> every component libre which can be used for some purpose like
> designing (2D graphics with inkscape say). Products can be cheap with
> minimal profits but profits must be present.
>
> Thanking you
> Sagar Acharya

Making a summary of everything...

I think that if you consider this is a good strategy, why don't you
build a company that sells GNU services? You could even advertize that
you donate 90% of invoices to the GNU project.

It is very hard to have other people implement our ideas. It is better
to ask others which of those ideas they would support and go ahead and
start with building them.

I hope this helps.

kindly and bluntly,
Quiliro