Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement

From: quiliro
Subject: Re: Practicality of GNU project and libre movement
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 13:43:10 -0500

Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> writes:

> On 7/24/20 1:00 PM, Amin Bandali wrote:
>
>> Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> writes:
> Kindness & politeness are more appropriate, when someone is kind and
> polite in the first place.
>
> When someone spouts bullshit with assumed authority - nah, IMO,
> neither kindness nor politeness are called for.  If anything,
> tit-for-tat is the appropriate response.
>
> Now, if the OP had started with a slightly more humble attitude, and
> asked questions - that would have been a different situation.

I did not see OP's message as you see it. I think that before judging
someone's thoughts, feelings and forms of communication, you should
investigate more. You should ask questions before you jump to
conclusions about the position they have. Maybe it was just
ignorance. But it is not a crime to be ignorant. I suppose you are
ignorant in some sense, as we all are.