Re: Lilypond workshop will take place online via BigBlueButton on March

From: Tobias Platen
Subject: Re: Lilypond workshop will take place online via BigBlueButton on March 31st
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 19:16:09 +0100

On Sat, 27 Mar 2021 12:37:50 -0400
Jim <jimgarrett@posteo.net> wrote:

> st want to thank Tobias for taking the initiative with this, and to
> encourage anyone interested in music to attend.  I'm not sure whether
> I'll be able to attend because in my time zone it is still part of the
> working day.
>
> Lilypond produces by far the nicest-looking output for any
> computer-typesetting system (and that's the project's design goal).  I
> use it to transcribe Turkish and Arabic music.  Turkish and Arabic music
> use microtones not found in the 12-tone-equal-temperament system on
> which the West is standardized, and notation is not generally supported
> by proprietary systems in the West (Finale, Sibelius, ...).  In fact

As a fan of Japanese music and the Wagakki Band, I once found a Shamisen module
for Lilypond.
So once I might write some music for the Shamisen using Lilypond, render the
sound with a
karplus-strong synthesizer and use a free software synthesizer as a VOCALOID
replacement.

--
Tobias Platen <tplaten@posteo.de>