Why not - Re: Paying to improve free software one chooses not to use?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Why not - Re: Paying to improve free software one chooses not to use?
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 06:52:23 +0300

* Jim <jimgarrett@posteo.net> [2021-03-30 02:41]:
> Sorry, I must have been unclear, it's nothing so complex.  Adam does use
> Lilypond, with the Frescobaldi editor, on an Apple laptop running MacOS.
> I've had a few conversations with him and attended a music workshop with
> him; he never mentioned software philosophy one way or the other.  What I
> meant to convey was that he didn't appear to be motivated primarily by
> software freedom principles. He also uses LaTeX, so who knows, maybe there's
> more there than I know....

There can be many reasons for donating money, one may like the group,
and donate to the group, without liking the particular individual, one
may like particular individual without liking the group and donate to
the group because of that particular individual, one may like the
individual by its merits, or because the liked individual is bad ass,
or one may like it physically or sexually (read the book Think and
Grow Rich), one may like it by the skills, or by motivation, one may
donate because the payer sees that neither the group nor individual
have capacities to do what they intend to do, but their intention may
be enough to initiate the donations. List is long.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns