Re: Fwd: Improving the FSF in support to the GPL, RMS and staff

From: Julian Daich
Subject: Re: Fwd: Improving the FSF in support to the GPL, RMS and staff
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2021 02:19:41 +0200

El sáb, 3 abr 2021 a las 17:51, Yuchen Pei (<hi@ypei.me>) escribió:

> I don't see how a new CoC would help.

1. CoCs often include corrective actions.
2. When CoCs are binded to by laws they provide a framework of
expected behaviours, policies and for staff to unionize. An effective
CoC is a decision of Board members and staff and less from members and
more  peripheral people,

I know that there are Board members and staff at this list. Maybe some
of them are reading this message.

> We already have a Libreplanet CoC
> (https://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:About/Code_of_Conduct)
> and GNU Kind Communications Guidelines
> (https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.en.html) etc.
>
> CoCs in other organisations have been misused or ignored
> (e.g. gnome foundation).

I mean institutional CoC, related to specific roles and binded to by
laws. None of the above is that. Thanks for the examples.

Best,

Julian