Re: Carefully written essay asking for proportionality for rms

From: Miroslav Rovis
Subject: Re: Carefully written essay asking for proportionality for rms
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2021 14:36:58 +0200

On 210405-16:17-0300, Jorge P. de Morais Neto via libreplanet-discuss wrote:
> Hi.  I am sorry to post another message about this subject, but I have
> carefully written an essay asking for proportionality for rms.  It is
> conciliatory and based on good sources such as Suzanne Nossel, CEO of
> PEN America and former executive director of Amnesty International USA.
>
> https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/

Thanks for this work.
I read it the first time you posted in this list.

Firstly, I am unable to view much of
https://gitlab.com/jorgemorais/justice-for-rms
Apparently, gitlab.com does not support my Pale Moon browser.
( It is a completely different story, but of injustice and cancelling as well.
Still, let me just mention that github.com explicitly stopped supporting Pale
Moon browser, apparently after its author, Mark Straver, nickname Moonchild,
set hit git repository on his own domain, and withdrew it from github.com... I
had hard time contributing the Croatian translation to:
https://github.com/rms-support-letter/rms-support-letter.github.io/pull/5284 )

On this second reading, I found, insofar, that there appears to be a (probably)
new link, but it does not work:
https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=fIK5st2s3kA
it is at:
https://jorgemorais.gitlab.io/justice-for-rms/#fnr.10
a few lines before, under words "DEAR FUTURE MOM".
At least it did not work at the time of this sending.
Maybe the youtube link should be used/added, which works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju-q4OnBtNU

Thanks again! I have little free time (if any) available, the article is really
too long for my time. Good it is really, but it's a very demanding translation,
regarding time resources.

Maybe if there be a way to do gradual translation, just as if it were a way to
somehow further section your work so that, say, a casual reader can only read a
complete but short part, and the translator can, at first, translate just that
complete short part, and the info that get/provide-by-translation is still not
partial? And then you offer all the details separately because all those
details are worthy.

Regards!

--
Miroslav Rovis