Re: Carefully written essay asking for proportionality for rms

From: Miroslav Rovis
Subject: Re: Carefully written essay asking for proportionality for rms
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 21:23:03 +0200

(Regarding the close to last lines of mine in bottom: I did not receive this
email of yours via libreplanet ML.)

On 210419-13:44-0300, Jorge P. de Morais Neto wrote:
> Hi Miroslav.
Hi Jorge!

> Em [2021-04-17 sáb 11:59:38+0200], Miroslav Rovis escreveu:
>
> > Maybe it's my misremembering it, or I read it after accessed it
> > linked... yes that was it: it was linked from the Devuan mailing list
> > that I am still subscribed to, I now remember.
>
> I do not use Devuan and I am not on their mailing list.  Did someone
> else posted my article there?  Just curious; you don’t have to spend
> much time searching your mail just to satisfy my curiosity.
It wasn't much search:

https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20210326.120708.aaaed337.en.html

Author: Alessandro Vesely
Date: 2021-03-26 13:07 +100
To: [DNG]
Subject: [DNG] FSF and human rights

> > And if it would be really useful to you to know exactly what happens
> > when I accessed gitlab, I have screencast and traces, so tell me, and
> > when I have time I can try and see to it, and if that could be useful
> > to learning about network generally I can post it somewhere on:
> > https://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/ which is my collection.
>
> Hm, thinking again, I probably won’t be able to debug this.
And it would take me time. But it does not show well in Pale Moon.
(
And I forgot to reply to you why I use it, and not Firefox or other libre
derivative of Firefox:
No TLS decryption in Debian-packaged Firefox.
Yes TLS decryption (via SSLKEYLOGFILE env var) in Firefox nightly, but I trust
Pale Moon way better than Firefox proper.
)

> I know
> little about web technologies and nothing about Pale Moon.  However, I
> did (quickly) test visiting my article on Lynx and w3m and it seems to
> work great (except for the figure).  It works even better on Emacs’ EWW.
> By the way, do you use Emacs?
No, I use Vim, but I did use Emacs years ago. Then went on both Vim and Emacs,
but only Vim now. I never used Emacs for browseing, though.

> > Anyway, I have not had the time to follow: Please, is RMS staying on
> > the FSF board, if anybody could put a short status here?
>
> It seems that the FSF board supports RMS.  See:
>
> https://www.fsf.org/news/statement-of-fsf-board-on-election-of-richard-stallman
> https://www.fsf.org/news/rms-addresses-the-free-software-community

Thanks! Need time to read it.

BTW, I sent you another email because what I replied is not on:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2021-04/index.html
They do seem to be censoring, or clumsily deleting mail by accident...
This email of yours that I am replying to, and it's some 30 hours old, is not
there either...
Why?

In case the conversation is to be soon concluded: It has been a pleasure to
converse with you!
Maybe we meet again on the net. (But I'm still open if there's any more to
discuss!)

God bless you and everybody dear to you!

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia