Re: GFDL license help

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: GFDL license help
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 22:42:21 +0300

* Ali Reza Hayati <arh@gnu.org> [2021-04-10 14:30]:
> I don't want to use those licenses again. I'm trying to avoid any
> organization that signed RMS' resignation letter.

Did Creative Commons do that?

Well license is license, it does not matter, you may get some images,
clipart under Creative Commons and you need to release it. License is
created by organization, but you do not receive it from organization,
you receive it from the author.

You do not need to hyperlink to Creative Commons, you can place
license on your own server and hyperlink it to there.

> I still contribute to communities' works but I won't be using or
> contributing to any organization that signed the RMS/FSF open lying
> letter.

Good choice, thanks. I have said the same to EFF directly.

> But, Jean was right anyways. My blog publishes my personal views so
> I shouldn't be letting people to modify my personal views. I updated
> my license to verbatim copying and redistribution.

That was used before on GNU pages on philosophy mostly, and there may
be some pages still using that license.

Please see here:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#VerbatimCopying

The exact wording how I gave it to you, I also use for opinions. But
would I release instructions like something about software, opinion on
functions of Emacs Lisp, methods of management of databases or
similar, I release that under GFDL.

Jean