Re: Were Intellectual Property to be abolished altogether, would you or

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Re: Were Intellectual Property to be abolished altogether, would you or FSF support it?
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 08:04:03 +0900

   Thank you for all of your replies - I am no legal expert but in framing
   this hypothesis, the spirit of abolishing the Intellectual Property
   would perhaps also need to be stated (Legislators probably wouldn't be
   able to even make a draft without it 😅) and the society will need to be
   supportive of it.

   Otherwise, there will be all sorts of ways to work around the abolition
   , including never releasing the relevant information to the public.

   And yes, trademarks etc - it would be very inconvenient if we couldn't
   even make unique identifications 😅

   And there seems to be a long history for this
   subject. [1]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_copyright

   My original motivation of this inquiry is that my partners and I are in
   the process of starting an IT-focused 'worker cooperative' where, just
   like the GPL licensing, there is almost a playful inversion of
   Capitalistic values.  We will probably need to make software licensing
   decisions sooner or later and I wanted to get a wholistic view of this
   matter 😄.

   -Yasu