Re: RE : Ideas to promote making and using free hardware designs (was Re

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: RE : Ideas to promote making and using free hardware designs (was Re: FSF continuously harms Free Hardware)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 10:10:21 +0300

* Dr Andrew A. Adams <aaa@meiji.ac.jp> [2022-01-24 08:48]:

> Arthur Torrey wrote:
>
> > I am a member of the Artisan's Asylum maker-space (formerly in
> >  Somerville, MA, temporarily shut down while moving to Allston) and
> >  would dearly love to be able to make the hardware that I can draw
> >  and design in LibreCAD (2D) or possibly FreeCAD, gCAD3D or some
> >  other Free Software 3D CAD package, but I have not been able to find
> >  any way to get from those packages to g-code that I can feed to our
> >  CNC machines.

I cannot be sure if this may help:

dxf2gcode download | SourceForge.net
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxf2gcode/

DXF to G-code Conversion Tutorial - Open Source Ecology
https://wiki.opensourceecology.org/wiki/DXF_to_G-code_Conversion_Tutorial

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman