Re: Should distros take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Should distros take steps to reduce russian access to Free Software?
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 21:53:53 +0300

* Aaron Wolf <wolftune@riseup.net> [2022-03-12 20:48]:

,----
| But if the world lives on Bitcoin, we may not be able to sanction
| nation states like Russia when they invade sovereign nations.
`----

To be sovereign nation it does not mean killing withing one country
one's own people and even 13000 of them. That is not
"sovereign". Sovereignty is lost at time point when there is abuse and
neglect of human rights. This war is not begin, but end of the war
that begun 2014. Back then the conflict was financed by US government.

Thus it should be clear there are multiple viewpoints on the issue.

One could say that US has used free software in all of the killings
like in Afghanistan or Libya, etc.

Those discussions will never end. That is why we stick to freedom
zero, use it as you wish.

Using free software principles now for political propaganda is
disgusting. I find it hostile to free software principles.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman