Re: [Libunwind-devel] Function Address

From: Jose Flavio
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Function Address
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:49:35 -0300

Hi David,
I'm already working in adding the default get_function_address to other
archs. I was in doubt about putting a macro in elfxx other to put a
default function in dwarf. I think that the performance that you could
get with the macro would be minimal (if the compiler works well) and
would maintain the code better organized if a generic function would be
used, what do you think?

The second point of my concern is that I need to change the:
get_proc_name(..) in elfxx
to add a new parameter: unw_addr_space_t as
that I need to access the memory to read the table with function
descriptors.
The problem is that implies in changing
ptrace/_UPT_get_proc_name
to pass these parameter too.
Consequently all the arch Ginit files need to be change so the new
parameter would be passed to get_proc_name. I can do that for other
archs without problem (I just dont have hardware to test them).
Would that be a problem?

thanks,

--
Jose Flavio Aguilar Paulino