Re: [Libunwind-devel] Function Address

From: Thiago Jung Bauermann
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Function Address
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:06:59 -0300

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 10:47 -0600, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:
> On 8/16/07, Jose Flavio Aguilar Paulino <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to read the TOC (.opd) section from Elf file.
> > The major problem is that this table in filled in runtime by the loader,
>
> Ah, I was afraid you were going to say that... ;-)

Just out of curiosity... I believe IA64 uses function pointers as well,
right? Does it also have PLT entries containing "resolved" function
pointers which are maintained by the dynamic linker, like what José
Flávio is trying to access here?

If so, I would think IA64 would have the same issue.
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann