Re: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port

From: Konstantin Belousov
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 22:16:07 +0300

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 11:46:07AM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Konstantin Belousov <address@hidden>wrote:
>
> > I continue the development of the port. My repo contains at least the
> > following changes:
> > - fix for the signal frame resume both for x86 and x86_64;
> > - fix to prevent tdep_get_elf_image from using non-async signal safe
> >  functions;
> > - finish x86_get_scratch_loc() for FPU;
> > - added my copyright to the substantionally modified sources, where it
> >  was missed.
> >

> I merged these changes as well. Perhaps the #include <libutil.h> in
> Gos-freebsd.c needs to go too?

Sure, missed it. I also fixed a probable bug in the signal frame change.

Are the results of running make check for Linux x86 and x86_64 available
somewhere ? Are all tests passed ? I am asking because I am investigating
the bug where dwarf unwinder on x86 computes %ebp location for the
main() procedure bogusly, pointing to it %esi, that is wrong and causes
unw_step() to fail (on x86). I assume that this is a bug of my port,
but still worth checking.