Re: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port

From: Konstantin Belousov
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] FreeBSD port
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:03:45 +0300

On Sun, Apr 04, 2010 at 05:13:14PM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 2:46 AM, Konstantin Belousov <address@hidden>wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 04:27:08PM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:

> > > autoconf macro sounds like a good idea.
> > Done with AC_CHECK_PTRACE_DECL macro.
>

> Didn't quite work on Linux.
>
> grep HAVE_DECL_PTRACE include/config.h
>
> returns nothing.
It shall not appear in config.h. What I did is created a macro that
accept a list of PTRACE_* or PT_* identifiers and generates proper
AC_CHECK_DECLS() calls. The individual HAVE_DECL_PTRACE_something or
HAVE_DECL_PT_something defines are still there.

After I saw your reorganisation for sigframe handling code, I think
that the similar approach may work well there too.

> I just pushed a commit that moved the linux specific signal handling code
> into its own file.
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=libunwind.git;a=commit;h=8e53e62db913470952b8eb541834b876f7a6882c
>
> Could you do something similar for FreeBSD?
Done. See aeee03d commit for freebsd branch.

I do think that this approach is quite clean, I like the end result.