Re: [Libunwind-devel] x86/ARM test suite failures

From: Zach Welch
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] x86/ARM test suite failures
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:16:44 -0700

On 10/25/2010 02:25 PM, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Zach Welch <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Sadly, I have not been able to do much to improve my status quo, despite
>> my various efforts. Can anyone report that the test suite works fully?
>>

> The test status on x86_64 hasn't changed much since June:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.unwind.devel/719

Does anyone know what is causing those failures? Should these be XFAILs
or KFAILs? Or do the tests themselves need to be fixed? In other words,
has the source of the existing failures been discovered and documented?

I am seeing five failures on IA32 consistently, so it would be nice to
know which four tests are expected to fail and which two fail
intermittently. I have tried on my own to determine the precise cause of
each failure, but I have been having a hard time pinning down the
various problems.

Would anyone be interested in helping me dig into this situation to find
good solutions? I want to fix all outstanding bugs for x86, x86_64, and
ARM, and I have some time to work on the problems and develop patches.

--
Zach Welch
CodeSourcery