Re: [Libunwind-devel] x86/ARM test suite failures

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] x86/ARM test suite failures
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 01:37:30 +0300

Hi,

> Does anyone know what is causing those failures? Should these be XFAILs
> or KFAILs? Or do the tests themselves need to be fixed? In other words,
> has the source of the existing failures been discovered and documented?

Some are caused by incorrect unwind info in system libraries which leads
to unwind failures. So it can depend on the system you run on. I believe
on linux you'd need entire system (libc, dynamic linker, ...) built with
GCC 4.5.0+ to eliminate some of the problems.

Some of the sporadic failures depend which instruction the test happens
to request a backtrace, at least when linked to the above issue.

There may be other reasons, but that was one source last I looked.

Regards,
Lassi