Re: [Libunwind-devel] x86/ARM test suite failures

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] x86/ARM test suite failures
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:51:57 -0700

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Zach Welch <address@hidden> wrote:

Does anyone know what is causing those failures? Should these be XFAILs
or KFAILs? Or do the tests themselves need to be fixed? In other words,
has the source of the existing failures been discovered and documented?

I remember at least a couple of them were XFAILS (due to bad unwind info elsewhere). Here are the list of failures on my ubuntu 10.04 box:

$ grep FAIL: tests.txt
FAIL: Gtest-dyn1
FAIL: Ltest-dyn1
FAIL: test-async-sig
FAIL: test-setjmp
FAIL: run-ptrace-misc

The failures in *test-dyn1 are due to functionality that is not implemented on x86 (unwind descriptors of JIT'ed code etc).

I had the number of failures down to 4 at some point. One of the remaining 3 failures (test-setjmp?) above may be a regression we need to track down.

 -Arun