[Libunwind-devel] Status of "libunwind" on HPUX/IA64

From: Volker Simonis
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Status of "libunwind" on HPUX/IA64
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:12:23 +0100

Hi David,

back in 2006, you advised to better not use libunwind on HPUX/IA64:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/libunwind-devel/2006-04/msg00001.html

Now I saw in the current README file that the implementation on
HPUX/IA64 "Mostly works but [is] known to have some serious
limitations."

What are these "serious limitations"?
Is there any documentation where we can find out more about the
limitations on HPUX?

If you would have to unwind mixed native(i.e. C/C++)/Java(i.e.
JITed/interpreted frames) on HPUX/IA64 today, would you advise to use

1. vanilla libunwind
2. Unwind Express Library
(http://docstore.mik.ua/manuals/hp-ux/en/B2355-60130/uwx.3X.html)
3. Unwind Library