Re: Issue 5621: Improve rehearsal mark position at beginning of staff (i

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Issue 5621: Improve rehearsal mark position at beginning of staff (issue 547340043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 13:27:45 -0800

On 2019/12/17 18:49:41, dak wrote:
On 2019/12/17 17:57:52, Dan Eble wrote:
> I haven't looked very deeply into the potential use of an
unpure-pure
container.
>  It looks like unpure-pure containers are used for vertical
placement,

They are for things that are dependent on line-breaking.  I should
have thought
this might apply here.

I found a decent introduction to pure properties in the CG (10.13).

    One last oddity is that purity, in LilyPond, is currently
    limited exclusively to things that have to do with Y-extent
    and positioning. There is no concept of ‘pure X’ as, by
    design, X is always the independent variable (i.e. from
    column X1 to column X2, what will be the Y height of a
    given grob).

This seems to support my conclusion that no further work is required.

https://codereview.appspot.com/547340043/