Re: GSoC 2020: make hangs when making fonts

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020: make hangs when making fonts
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 11:04:38 +0200

I'd really like to see if someone can reproduce any of this on a
different
machine and a fresh LilyDev VM, so please holler if you're willing to
try!
I will try this today.
I cannot reproduce this, neither with current master (7854d1b4)
nor with dev/lamb/GSoC-2020.
I'm using LilyDev 2 in VirtualBox on a Windows 10 host, like you.

A few questions:
1. Which version of VirtualBox are you using?
2. Are you doing parallel builds with make -j ?
3. Did you do any updates after installing the LilyDev image?
4. Did you try to invoke 'invoke-mf2pt1.sh' manually on the failing file?
5. Would you mind to upload (after cleaning up your working tree and
removing any personal data that you do not want to share and setting the
default password) your .vdi file
somewhere? I could then try to reproduce the problem with your image
and search for differences against my working image.
You could also zip your whole directory structure and upload that, but
I'd prefer
comparing from the actual image, as you're using it.

Cheers,
Michael