Re: GSoC 2020: make hangs when making fonts

From: Owen Lamb
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020: make hangs when making fonts
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 16:42:28 -0700

Hi all,

It appears that my problem was just a newbie mistake after all.

Near the end of last week (Thursday or Friday, it must have been), I
decided to try out Hyper-V on my machine, just to see what it could do. I
didn't end up doing anything with it, but I didn't get rid of it, either. I
never drew the connection until today, when I decided to try running my
LilyDev installation on Hyper-V instead of VirtualBox as a last resort. It
was pretty slow, but make passed without errors. Then I finally realized
that two VM systems on the same machine might not actually play well with
each other! *facepalm*

I uninstalled Hyper-V (and WSL, which has been sitting unused on my
computer for a few months) and uninstalled/reinstalled VirtualBox. Sure
enough, everything works perfectly again.

Thomas, Jean, Michael, and Jonas, I'm sorry to have wasted your time like
this. I appreciate how willing you've been to help me out, though, and I
hope you all have a great rest of your summer (or winter for those in the
Southern Hemisphere).

Thanks for everything,
--Owen