Re: GSoC 2020: make hangs when making fonts

From: Owen Lamb
Subject: Re: GSoC 2020: make hangs when making fonts
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 12:15:03 -0700

Hi Michael,

1. I've been using VBox version 6.1.8, one version behind the latest. Today
I updated to 6.1.10, but the problem persists.
2. No, I'm not using -j, but today I tried -j2 to see what would happen.
Both threads got stuck, one while processing feta11.pfb, and the other
while processing feta-noteheads11.pfb. The command line printed two
copyright notices, as expected, but nothing else has changed.
3. Yes, I ran apt update. I also set up another VM *without* running apt
update, to see if that would change anything. The issue was still there.
4. No, I didn't. I can't seem to find an invoke-mf2pt1.sh file anywhere.
Where should it be?
5. I have a few VMs set up as of this week, all of which have the issue.
The most recent one I made has no extra IDE installed or extra files
hanging around. I just followed the setup instructions and attempted to
build master, nothing else. It's as close as I can get to a MWE. Would you
like to see that one, or my original workspace?

Thanks,
Owen