Re: Creating MP3 files

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Creating MP3 files
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 00:57:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 14 Oct 2019, Lisa C Lewis wrote:

It appears that LilyPond only creates MIDI output. Given that I need to share the audio with other people who may not have MIDI players, is there a means of generating MP3 files? If not, what do folks recommend for converting MIDI to MP3? I've looked through the documentation, but if it's in there I missed it.

I usually use Timidity to create a WAV and then Lame to convert to MP3 (commandline)

But you can also convert the MIDI file to MP3 using Musescore.
GUI: Import the MIDI file, export as MP3
Or use the commandline, for example in my Linux terminal:

        mscore myscore.mid -o myscore.mp3

--

MT