Re: Creating MP3 files

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Creating MP3 files
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 08:54:44 +0100

On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 05:31 +0200, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Il giorno lun 14 ott 2019 alle 17:47, address@hidden ha
> scritto:
> > Creating MP3, or any digital-audio format, requires synthesizing
> > the
> > actual sounds of the notes.  It's far outside the scope of what a
> > music
> > notation program does and no surprise Lilypond doesn't do it;
>
> I think nobody in this thread wrote that Frescobaldi supports
> exporting
> to WAV file.

... and, of course, Denemo supports outputting the audio to wav and ogg
(not mp3 because IIRC of licensing restrictions), so that includes not
only the MIDI put but any live performance you may add while the MIDI
is playing back. The MIDI can be either LilyPond's MIDI or the cruder
built-in MIDI that Denemo generates for score checking purposes.

Richard