Re: lost in trying to fine oll-core and or package.ily

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: lost in trying to fine oll-core and or package.ily
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 11:09:15 -0500

On Thu 17 Oct 2019 at 02:41:19 (-0400), Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 8:50 PM David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Wed 16 Oct 2019 at 00:17:06 (-0400), Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> > > On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 7:16 PM Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
[…]
> >        ↑ is a colon
> >
> Bad questions i missed "all item of the search path".

I would express this differently if I were writing documentation.
"All items¹" might be read as meaning that all directories in
C:\myscores\ and C:\my-lilypond-library\¹, including their
subdirectories, are searched for the file to \include,
ie recursive descent of the tree.
However, it means only that C:\myscores\lyriclib\ and
C:\my-lilypond-library\lyriclib\ are searched in turn for hymns.ily.
Note also that it will only find the first file whose name matches.

> If I left off the the relative path lyriclib would Lilypond still fined,
> \include "hamns" ?

Therefore no, because neither of the files C:\myscores\hymns.ily
and C:\my-lilypond-library\hymns.ily exist. Neither
C:\myscores\lyriclib\ nor C:\my-lilypond-library\lyriclib\ are searched.

> Using the include: \include “C:/openLilyLib/oll-core/package.ily” in the
> file alleluja,ly
> and running lilypond-windows.exe alleluja.le, will it work?

I can only assume so, but I'm not a Windows user. Again,
mind your quotation marks.

However, I will point out that this is not a sensible way to use the
\include facility, ie putting absolute filenames into the string.
This would mean that if you ever had to move your openLilyLib
installation, you'd have to update all your LP source files with the
new location instead of just running LP with a different -I value.
Also, were you to share or distribute your source with someone else,
they would have to do the same, because their openLilyLib might
be in $HOME, $HOME/.local, /usr/share/openlilylib,… or anywhere else
for that matter.

¹ I've corrected what I assume are typos.

Cheers,
David.