Re: Tweaking glissando timing stems

From: Leo Correia de Verdier
Subject: Re: Tweaking glissando timing stems
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 22:41:00 +0200

Brilliant!

I realized that defining the glissando gradient taking the stencil as point of
departure, rather than the grob properties, makes it work for broken glissandi
too. It was a quite minimal change.

(gliss-gradient (/ (+ (- (car stil-y-ext) (cdr stil-y-ext)) (* half-line-thick
2))
                                (+ (- (car stil-x-ext) (cdr stil-x-ext)) (*
half-line-thick 2))
                                (if (> Y-right Y-left) 1 -1)))

Like

> 22 okt. 2019 kl. 13:33 skrev Thomas Morley <address@hidden>:
>
> Am Sa., 19. Okt. 2019 um 12:36 Uhr schrieb Thomas Morley
> <address@hidden>:
>
>> Meanwhile I've probably found a method to affect Beams from inside a
>> Glissando.after-line-breaking, but currently it's not mature to say
>> more.
>> Anyway, my goal will be to make Beams parallel to the glissando-line,
>> I don't think doing differnt makes any sense.
>
> Attached the next iteration.
> Per default all Beams are parallel to the glissando.
> Though, I implemented the possibility to reset their position by using
> the new introduced subproperty beamed-glissando-stem-positions of
> details.
> See examples (with unusual values, just to see it works)
>
> Broken glissandi are not yet supported, the code will not error, but
> the numerical calculations are not longer correct in this case.
>
> At any rate, the code becomes a monster lol
>
> Cheers,
>  Harm

PNG image