Re: Openlilylib status

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Re: Openlilylib status
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 17:09:24 +1000

Hi Lilyponders,

Andrew, I feel your pain. I offered to help Urs a number of times but he was way out of my league with the coding side of things and I was virtually useless to help.

I use the Edition Engraver and Scholarly sporadically. What I think is that Urs was way ahead of most of us, and he had projects and needs that most of us don't. I would like to see all his work continue because I think it's amazing and Lilypond is far better suited to some of those high-level demands and projects than the other engraving software.

Other than share a virtual beer with you and sympathise I don't know what else I can do to help.

All the best,

Craig