next issue with renaissance guitar tablature - lines representing sustai

From: bart deruyter
Subject: next issue with renaissance guitar tablature - lines representing sustained notes
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 23:02:16 +0100

hello all,
I've continued working on my tablature for 4-course renaissance guitar.
- I've got the old-style rhythm notation, the letters by using a specific font (could we get these types of letters implemented in lilypond's default font? I guess lute players would feel very happy about it too.)
- I've got the dots in stroke-finger notation.
- So far only the diagonal lines are a real puzzle to me.
image.png
Deciphering tablatures I understood that sustained notes are described with these lines. Here the note on fret 'c' rings until the note on fret 'a' is played.

I've tried to implement them by using glissandi, but I'd have to adjust the start and endpoint to get them to look right if it's the right thing to use.
I haven't found it in the manual yet to adjust the glissando line. Does anyone here have an idea?
They're not meant to represent sustained notes of course, but I haven't found another line that would better suit the purpose.
Would it be possible to modify piano sustain markings and use them in tablature for this purpose? Or is there some other type of 'line' I could use or even create?

thanks in advance,

Bart