Re: Adjusting length of final line

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Adjusting length of final line
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 12:39:20 +0200

Dave Shield wrote:

 How can I get the general
spacing of the last line to be similar to the other lines in the
following example?  (i.e. roughly half the width of the page).

Previously I would have, after \halfscale, added
    \stopStaff s16*20
where you adjust the 20 to taste.
But this adjustment factor is nonlinear making it difficult to readjust.

Nowadays I would probably use LSR1098 and, before \halfscale, add
    \pseudoIndents 0 53
Its adjustment factor (here 53) is very stable and precise.

Instead of scraping pseudoIndent.ily off the LSR, you can find one at
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2022-03/msg00224.html

Cheers,
Robin