liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] Liquid War tenth birthday

From: Dave Vasilevsky
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] Liquid War tenth birthday
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 17:49:23 -0400

On Jul 1, 2005, at 3:47 PM, Christian Mauduit wrote:
I applied
patches by Dave V to make the game compile cleanly under Mac OS X

Thanks Christian! I'll check it out later, but I just want to make sure that you used the most recent changes: http:// cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/fink/dists/10.4-transitional/unstable/ main/finkinfo/games/liquidwar.patch?rev=1.3

Also note that Liquid War still needs a modified Allegro to build on OS X, I should really talk to the Allegro people again to see about including my patches.

Additionnally, it's been 10 years (June/July 1995) since Thomas
Colcombet came with the idea of Liquid War. To celebrate this I decided
to start coding on Liquid War 6. Weehee, code starts pouring in on
http://ufoot.hd.free.fr/depot/pub/2005-freesoftware/liquidwar6/

Cool! Can I ask what your (very-preliminary) plans are? (ie: What kind of features are you hoping to add? Are you going to stick with Allegro?)

Dave