lmi

[lmi] Cherry-picking a single wx commit [Was: PSA: Debian Sid updated gc

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Cherry-picking a single wx commit [Was: PSA: Debian Sid updated gcc to 11, breaking lmi build]
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 17:22:49 +0000

On 10/20/21 4:00 PM, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...]
>  Finally, I'd like to cherry pick a single trivial commit to wx submodule
> to fix gcc 11 warning in one wx header:
>
> https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/commit/d18e7718fd76e359af9b79ba9fe2fae40fdaaa1d

Okay.

> I know that you typically don't want to update wx without extensive
> testing, but this commit is really trivial and I'm reasonably certain it
> shouldn't break anything, so hopefully I can just apply it to fix the
> autotools build (which doesn't use -isystem for wx headers and I'd rather
> avoid modifying it to do it or to suppress the generally useful -Wshadow in
> it).

We hope soon to upgrade our production chroots from what has
become "old-testing" (bullseye) to current testing (bookworm).
When we do that, we'll perform extensive testing, so it's good
to get this fix in now--then we'll be ready when, eventually,
the gcc version in debian-testing advances to 11.