lmi

Re: [lmi] Cherry-picking a single wx commit

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Cherry-picking a single wx commit
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 23:44:44 +0200

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 20:32:34 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> On 10/20/21 6:20 PM, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 17:22:49 +0000 Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC> > GC> We hope soon to upgrade our production chroots from what has
GC> > GC> become "old-testing" (bullseye) to current testing (bookworm).
GC> > GC> When we do that, we'll perform extensive testing, so it's good
GC> > GC> to get this fix in now--then we'll be ready when, eventually,
GC> > GC> the gcc version in debian-testing advances to 11.
GC> >
GC> >  I'd like to make more significant wx updates, including better high DPI
GC> > support and support for multiple accelerators in XRC by then. When should
GC> > this be done, i.e. when will the production chroots be updated?
GC>
GC> Maybe next week. Probably before next year. It's hard to say,
GC> because it's not a high priority. I'm currently working on it
GC> only because my new hobby is collecting vaccinations--seven so
GC> far this year--and the squalene-adjuvanted influenza vaccine
GC> has left me too tired to work on anything more challenging
GC> this week.

 I'm sorry to hear this and hope you get better soon, but I have to admit
that my concern is not entirely altruistic (although it still is for the
most part) because I won't be ready with all the changes I'd like to get
into lmi next week. I still have several tasks to finish before high DPI
support can be really considered to be done (you can see the current
progress at https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/projects/1 where I've
recently decided to keep track of it) and I didn't done the multiple
accelerators in XRC change neither yet.

 I'll try to finish both a.s.a.p. but I'm definitely going to need more
than a week for this and there were other things I hoped to improve before
the next wx update in lmi too...

VZ