Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git?

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 01:32:32 -0700

> From: address@hidden (Matt Birkholz)
> Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 02:36:14 -0700
>
> I am winning with git-cvsimport!
>
> I found one other broken file, src/runtime/uenvir.scm,v, and just
> chopped the inaccessible revisions out (see attached diff).

It occurs to me that I can chop ancient revisions with an option to
cvsps -- no need to hack the repository.  I am running git-cvsimport
like so right now:

$ git cvsimport -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/mit-scheme \
  -r CVS -A ../authors.txt -p x,-r,release-7-5-0 -k -v mit-scheme/v7

That's putting the 3700 km wire to work!

The two problem ,v files in src/runtime/ had bogus deltas before
RELEASE_7_0_0, but passing "-r RELEASE_7_0_0" to cvsps does not avoid
stumbling over an ancient, whack, microcode revision:
src/microcode/cmpintmd/mc68k.h v1.1.  So I am trying release-7-5-0
(circa 2000?), hoping to skim off a healthy share of the revisions
without stumbling...