Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] two changes to push

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] two changes to push
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 17:54:14 -0400

   Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:46:16 -0700
   From: Joe Marshall <address@hidden>

   I did integrate-operator because the argument `object' is duplicated.
   The slightly better job is offset by the potential for bugs later on.

I didn't realize until you said this that DEFINE -> DEFINE-INTEGRABLE
changed the semantics of programs.  Is this worth the trouble?  For
those cases when it doesn't change semantics, does it actually improve
the code that the compiler generates?