Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] FFI and KyotoCabinet

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] FFI and KyotoCabinet
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:01:56 -0700

> From: Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 00:20:59 +0000
>
>    Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 18:00:56 -0700
>    From: address@hidden (Matt Birkholz)
>
>    When Gtk is rebased, I can provide a working example.
>
> Why do you rebase instead of just merging?  It's very hard to review
> enormous patches, so while I usually look at every change in the
> repository, I have skipped most of yours because they're so huge.

I don't think rebasing affects the sizes of commits.

I am trying to make commits that build.  Sometimes they can be small.
Sometimes they create an entire FFI generator, or a test for said FFI
generator *with* build support.  I suppose I could have implemented
the build support before the test, even split the test library from
the actual test,... but none of that would help me produce something
that works.  How would I test the building of FFIS without one?

Is a quick skim of the commit message not effective?