Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] releases

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] releases
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 00:47:56 -0700

I haven't.  Here are the steps:

1. Make sure the copyrights are up to date; see dist/update-copyright.scm.
2. Run the various scripts in dist/ to create the necessary files.
The comments in each script say what dependencies it has, from which
you derive the necessary order; IIRC make-src-files first and then the
others in most any order.
3. Build a Windows dist, which is pretty involved and requires a bunch
of steps, plus a couple of specific tools.
4. Upload all the files, which is documented in the GNU Maintainer's
Manual; you can use dist/make-upload-files to automate some of it.
5. Edit and update the web page to point to the new stuff -- including
updating the online doc files.

It's been a while since I did any of this on a non-Mac, so YMMV.  I'm
also not sure whether you'd be able to upload files; I know there's
some kind of GPG key registration, but I forget how it works.

I just finished updating my machine and fixing a couple of bugs.  I'll
update the copyrights next and you can either try to do the rest or
let me know when the git master branch is how you want it and I'll run
the steps.