Re: [Mldonkey-users] Random Stuff

From: Leif Sandstede
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Random Stuff
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:22:02 +0200

Am Montag, 17. Juni 2002 13:27 schrieben Sie:
> From: address@hidden
>
> > to what did you set it?
> > something like 70?
> > set it to 7!
> >
> > for me its working perfect, i upload with a constant rate of
> > 7kbyte / s
>
> How are you measuring? Don't use numbers mldonkey supplies.
> How many files do you download at a time?

I use the numbers my router gives me...

> This is purely a theory but...
>
> I think it does work and it does limit the upload rate.  But mldonkey
> generates lots of additional traffic looking for additional shares for
> the files your are downloading.  It is constantly sending lists of
> servers to mldonkey users and receving lists.  That that traffic is
> not trottled.

Seems like you are right when I set limit to 8 kb it uses an average of 12 kb
wich is ok for me.

> I am going to setup traffic shaping under Linux to trottle the traffic
> external to mldonkey and let be prioritize which traffic should leave
> my router first.  (My IP phone needs to keep working...)

I tried this too but it does not work ,my router alwys locks up after about 1
minute when I try this, seems like my router is too slow to manage  the
trafic in that way.

> Does anyone buy this?

I do.

Leif