Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: view files

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: view files
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:32:50 +0100

Le Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:01:32 +0100 (CET), "Roland Arendes"
<address@hidden> a écrit :

> added "selective hide files": file whose filename start with
> "hidden." (case is important) won't be shown to other
> peers (but they will still be shared). Best used with the
> "keep user filenames"...
> --
>
> Well, I don't like this idea. I have to rename finished files, and
> files I'm currently downloading are still seen by others (I can't change
> *that* with hidden., can I).

Of course you can, it's based on file_best_name, even files currently
downloading have one. Just add "hidden." in the ed2k URL when starting
download.

> Like someone posted yesterday (the link to inquirer), I don't want to be
> a person jugded after a screenshot of my shared files (happened with
> someone using kazaa).

Agreed, that's a good reason for totally disabling view files.

> And tanuki is over-reacting in this forum. I think his drive is revenge. I
> don't know why, but he kinda freaks out. Automatically Banning of eMules
> after checking VIEW FILES ... WTF

That's another issue altogether...

> PS: The STDOUT-Log of mldonkey running (1 days, 16 hours, 5 minutes)
> results in an empty grep "VIEW" log. There wasn't one single request for
> the list in this time.

Did you enable the Printf.printf ? It's commented out in the source...