Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: view files

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: view files
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:20:41 +0100

Sven Hartge wrote...
> The server gets the list of MD4s.
> Clients ask the server, if it got a source for $md4 and the server tells
> the client the IP.
> Then the client connects to the source and asks the source for the
> filename connected to the MD4.

Can someone confirm this please! I cant really believe this...If i
start a search lets say just for mp3s and i get 1000 results (=1000
different hashes) from 700 sources my client had to connect to all 700
sources to get the filenames???? This search just took a few seconds
-- to get filenames from 700 clients this search would take at least a
few minutes. I cant believe its handled that way! (but i dont know for
sure)