Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: view files

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: view files
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:01:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi

>>> They won't show up, they're hidden ;)
>> But the server still gets the share list...if i start a search the
>> server will give me a list of results...so mldonkey has to manipulate
>> even the share list send to the server!
> The server gets the list of MD4s.

Yes, and the filenames. But I'm not sure whether the server collects all
filenames for a hash it gets, or not.

Btw:

--
added "selective hide files": file whose filename start with
"hidden." (case is important) won't be shown to other

Well, I don't like this idea. I have to rename finished files, and
files I'm currently downloading are still seen by others (I can't change
*that* with hidden., can I).

Like someone posted yesterday (the link to inquirer), I don't want to be
a person jugded after a screenshot of my shared files (happened with
someone using kazaa).

And tanuki is over-reacting in this forum. I think his drive is revenge. I
don't know why, but he kinda freaks out. Automatically Banning of eMules
after checking VIEW FILES ... WTF

My opinion is:

Make the View Files togglable. Like eMule. And defaults to "View Files
On". (Not like eMule).

-Roland

PS: The STDOUT-Log of mldonkey running (1 days, 16 hours, 5 minutes)
results in an empty grep "VIEW" log. There wasn't one single request for
the list in this time.