[Mldonkey-users] Re: view files

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: view files
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:59:41 +0100

Martin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Pierre Etchemaite wrote...

>> They won't show up, they're hidden ;)

> But the server still gets the share list...if i start a search the
> server will give me a list of results...so mldonkey has to manipulate
> even the share list send to the server!

The server gets the list of MD4s.

Clients ask the server, if it got a source for $md4 and the server tells
the client the IP.

Then the client connects to the source and asks the source for the
filename connected to the MD4.

So if people know a MD4, they also know, you are sharing it.

But they cannot connect to your client, ask for all files you share.
And this is the goal.

S°

--
BOFH excuse #306:

CPU-angle has to be adjusted because of vibrations coming from the nearby road